Monday, March 28, 2011

1st Trimester

  • Found out I was preggers at 6 weeks.  Initial reaction was a bit of freaking out and feeling overwhelmed.  I’ve always wanted kids, but never felt ready—but I tend to overanalyze decisions worrying about all the negative outcomes instead of focusing on the big picture.  Also, I’ve spent 35 years not being pregnant, and now all of a sudden, + sign.
  • When I went in to the doctor’s office to confirm I was pregnant, I peed in a cup.  The lab tech called my number, proceeds to tell me the results were negative (ahh, that’s rather disappoin…)... I mean positive (umm, is it negative or positive???)... yes, positive.  Hands me the ‘you’re pregnant’ piece of paper that I’m supposed to give to my nurse.  Feeling super confident about this lab (I switch clinics).
  • Morning sickness seemed to start as soon as I found out I was preggers.  Actually, I wouldn’t call what I had morning sickness, but general malaise and nausea.  Had a queasy stomach in the morning or late afternoon when feeling tired.  I didn’t have much of an appetite and lots of food or drink just didn’t sound or taste very good.  I didn’t want to be in the kitchen so D did a lot of the cooking and cleaning.
  • I feel like I’m showing, but I’m not yet, that’s just belly fat.  :)
  • I find out I have a large ovarian cyst.  Cysts are normal during regular ovulation and menstruation, but this cyst is large (~3 x 4.5 inches)) so we’ll have to keep an eye on it.
  • We tell family and a few close friends about the news, but hold off telling most people because miscarriages are somewhat common in the 1st trimester.

No comments: