- For the most part I'm feeling great. I've had a few really low days where I'm feeling huge, tired, hormonal, stressed..., but for the most part can't complain too much.
- Have some swelling in my ankles and fingers. A reminder to sit down with my feet up more often.
- Heartburn continues. Eating too much before bed seems to be the main culprit.
- Seem to crave sweets more than usual. For a while it was chocolate ice cream every night. My office mates have bowls of candy around--things I normally wouldn't snack on during the day. Dangerous.
- Kinked neck/shoulder. Not sure if it's how I'm sleeping, my posture, the weight of my hair (super thick!) or the combination of it all, but have been dealing with the pain for the last 4-5 days. A heated rice bag helps. The midwife suggested a cold compress, will try that tonight.
- Frustration that I can't do as much as I'd like to around the home. Part of this is my own limitations, can't lift/move all the boxes or furniture around that I'd like to. Part of this is the fact our re-wire project continues.
- The pressure on the bladder continues! There are some days, where it seems I need to hit the restroom once an hour. Waking up on average twice a night. And ow, when buddha baby moves just right, it's like a punch in the bladder. Not comfortable!
- Getting more clumsy. Still not used to my huge belly and I bump into things that I think I can pass no problem (chairs, tables, Daren...). I also drop or knock things over a lot.
Monday, June 27, 2011
I am 38 weeks along today! Most women deliver between 38-42 weeks and Buddha Baby probably would have been just fine even if he had decided to make an appearance in the last couple of weeks, but at this point it's just a waiting game. I hear this gets harder as you approach and pass the due date. Most women deliver past their due date for their 1st child, but I hope I'm not like most women!